Physiotherapy Video Consultations
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A VIDEO CONSULTATION, SIGN UP HERE AND WE’LL BE IN TOUCH
If you are interested submit your details here:
Video Consultation in Response to Coronavirus
During this isolation period, we at Wilmslow Physio recognise the need for ongoing care. So does Public Health England, who have tasked the Physiotherapy community with advising on musculoskeletal issues to reduce the load on GP and A&E services.
Wilmslow Physio have introduced consultations by video during this period. While video consultations aren’t suitable for every condition, they can help many patients with:
- Self-treatment strategies,
- Acute injury assessment,
- Exercise prescription and progression
- General advice and education about your condition
- Ergonomic advice for those setting up home work stations.
VIDEO AND TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS ARE NOW COVERED BY BUPA, AXA, WPA, AVIVA, NUFFIELD & PROBABLY OTHERS
What to Expect
A video consultation will work exactly like a normal physiotherapy consultation, but obviously without the hands-on element of it.
For acute pain/injuries:
- We will go through questions about a patient’s symptoms
- Ask them to perform certain movements to help diagnose their condition
- Provide advice regarding the best course of action, such as teaching self-treatment techniques
For existing patients who’ve had treatment in the clinic before:
- The usual discussion about progress and symptoms since the last appointment
- A visual assessment of movements or issues specific to the patient’s condition, e.g. range of motion, squats, walking
- A comprehensive review of their exercises and the plan for returning to full function
If appropriate we will then create and email an exercise programme, and arrange a follow-up consultation or telephone check.
If not covered by insurance, video consultations will cost £50 for an initial consultation and £40 for a follow-up or a continuation of pre-isolation care.
What Do I Need?
We can do video consultations via your smartphone, tablet or camera-equipped laptop or computer. We generally use a programme called Zoom which is compatible with most, if not all, devices. It works better in fast wifi.
Fizziostuff UK Ltd trading as Wilmslow Physio
Wilmslow Physio: 20A Grove Street, Wilmslow SK9 1EB
F: 01625 540010
Company Number 03052852
Registered Address SImpson Burgess Nash Empress Business Centre, 380 Chester Road, Manchester, M16 9EA